Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lucky Number 13

This month Nathan and I have been together for 13 years! Wow - that is a long time! As part of our anniversary celebration we went to Tulsa to see my favorite singer ever - Gavin DeGraw. He is very underrated and not known by many - at least many that I hang out with. I actually like that Gavin isn't overly popular - it keeps him from getting over exposed. His shows always have a good turn out, he just is not real main stream. His music is sort-of rock piano, hard to explain but awesome to hear. We have a friend, Lacy, that lives in Tulsa and she is also a big Gavin fan so we met her and two of her friends, Lindsey and Alice, at the show. We had a great time! Gavin was also performing with David Cook and Carolina Liar. I really like Carolina Liar and had never heard of them before the show. I know of David Cook and his music is good, just not really my thing.


Cains Ballroom - Tulsa, Oklahoma

Tulsa is pretty big - especially compared to Clarksville! My anxiety rose as the number of lanes increased and the buildings got bigger. I am just not a big city person. I can visit, but I could never live there.



We finally, after our navigation took us the wrong way 3 times in a row, made it to Spaghetti Warehouse to eat dinner before the show. Then we had to rush over to get in line for the show because there were no seats, you just went in and got wherever was first available. Nathan was such a good husband for going with me. He didn't have to, he wanted to because he knew it would mean alot to me. He stood back a few rows and I told him he looked like our bodyguard with his arms crossed and his shaved head! :) I didn't bring my camera in because the guy at will-call said they were not allowed, and I am a perpetual rule follower, so I put mine back in the car. But, thankfully these ladies were rules breakers and sent me copies of pictures! Thanks Lacy and Lindsey for the pictures!







Me, Lacy, and Nathan - reunited after 14 years!










The next day we went to Dave and Busters for lunch - I love that place. I looked it up online before we left hoping they had one. It is like adult Chuck E. Cheese. We ended up winning 3,130 tickets in about 30 minutes! We should have went and bought a lottery ticket we were getting so lucky there we kept hitting bonuses! Every time we would win big Nathan would say "my boys getting something nice!" It was so funny! We got Noah a giant stuffed dog, basketball, Cars wallet, superman, and flashing ball with our winnings. We then headed home, we really missed Noah and wanted to see him as much as we cold before bedtime!


We ran across a cool old Daylight Donuts

Nathan hit a jackpot of 1,000 tickets!

The biggest claw machine I have ever seen!

McDonald's right in the middle of the interstate! - We had to stop for a sweet tea of course!

We had an awesome time and I cannot wait to keep celebrating 13 years of craziness together!

No comments:

Post a Comment