Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

High School Sweethearts

October 25, 1998 at 10:26 p.m. Nathan asked me to be his girlfriend - yes we know the exact day and time. Nathan actually carved it in his bed he had when he lived it at home. Someone out there has a bed with "Nathan & Jessie 10/25/98 at 10:26" carved in it. October 26, 1998 is the 13 year anniversary of our first "I Love Yous" - yes, we waited a whole day. To those who said we said it too early, 13 years later I can safely say that when you know, you know.

Let's reminisce for a minute - I was in AP English and was having a hard time with it so I transferred to regular English and there was only one seat available and it happened to be next to a handsome blond haired blue eyed boy. He looked at me and said "come sit here". That is where it all started. About a week later I was out in my yard with my friend Cassie and we caught Nathan driving by my house (the crazy stalker! HA!). He stopped and asked if we wanted to go South Park with him and his friend Jaime. I had to beg my mom to let us go. It was after curfew and Nathan was in the driveway with his loud truck. She didn't know him at all. Now, looking back, I do not know why she let me go! But, I am very thankful that she did. Nathan asked me to go to Church with him that Sunday and later that night he asked me to be his girlfriend. It all seems SO long ago, but the memories are very clear.

We have been through alot together - graduations, starting a business, buying a home, a wedding, infertility, a miracle son, and much more! We have changed so much and so little together all at the same time. I can tell we have a different kind of relationship that not many people have been blessed to find. I am so thankful God let me find Nathan so early in life.

Nathan and I in High School

One of our Senior Pictures we had together

Engaged after only 8 years!


We had a short 5 month engagement and then...

Our BEAUTIFUL Wedding Day!


The Stillwell Family

The NEW Stillwell family!
This is not our wedding anniversary, so to some it may not really count - but without this special day 13 years ago everything else would never have happened.

I cannot wait to see what the next 13 plus years hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment