Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is another holiday that is way better after you have kids. I feel more like I "belong" when I celebrate now - after all, it is all for Noah :) Noah had his Halloween party at daycare today. We sent a trick-or-treat bag with some candy and stickers in it for all the girls and a cute little rattle for the baby boy. Noah picked a bag out for each of the girls and helped me fill them - he loves doing stuff like that. He wore his glow-in-the-dark skeleton pajamas (with a pumpkin heart) for the party - they are SO cute! He got lots of candy and a new coloring book at the party. He also brought home some pictures he has been coloring for Halloween - I love it! This is the first art work he has colored and brought home - I am sure there will be many more (especially now that he has stopped eating the crayons)!





Halloween night we planned on going to Safe Treat at our local community center. It is the first time they were having it so we thought it would be fun, and Noah is not all about the candy yet, so he was fine with whatever. About 30 minutes before we were about to leave, Nathan got a phone call to go work. He said he could run over to the Safe Treat with us for a minute so he could see Noah but he couldn't stay long. So, we rushed around and got over there to find a line to get in the building about 2 blocks long! I know Noah, that is a no go for him. A friend told us that they were up to the fire capacity right now so they were only letting people in as others left. So, I dropped Nathan off to head to work and I drove around trying to figure out what to do. I didn't want to do nothing, it was Halloween and Noah was the cutest puppy ever! I drove back by the building about 20 minutes later and the line had went way down, so I decided to just drive around a little longer and try again. Noah was watching Mickey Mouse and could have cared less what we were doing. So, on my 3rd trip back, the line was short enough to attempt it. There were several booths set up giving out candy and lots of games. We stayed about 30 minutes and then went to get Nathan dinner and bring it to him at work. We were done and headed home about 7:30 - I felt bad at first for stopping so early but then I realized I will not get off this easy on Halloween for a long time, so I better just enjoy it!

Puppy Noah!

My 2 puppies: Noah and Dozer!

Noah and Daddy on Halloween

Puppy Noah watching Mickey in the car waiting on the line to go down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment