Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Sleepover, Shopping, and a 1st Birthday!

Friday was a momma first to me - it was the first time Noah stayed the night away from me just because someone wanted him to, not because I needed to be somewhere or go somewhere without him. It was also the first time he spent the night with Night with Nathan's parents. It was weird to try to think of something to do with some free time on a Friday night! So, I needed some things from Ft. Smith, so we headed there after work since we didn't have to rush back to get Noah fed and to bed on time. We went shopping for a mattress for Baby Stillwell, make-up, and a dvd player mount for Noah (since he will be moved to the side of the backseat soon). Well, we found 2 of the 3 things (still looking for the dvd player mount) so it was a pretty successful shopping trip! We also went to TGI Fridays - one of our favorite places to eat! We watched the opening Olympic ceremonies as we ate. It was a nice relaxing adult night.

Noah came back the next morning and we had a very lazy Saturday. Noah "helped" me vacuum and clean house. That evening we went on a jeep ride. It was a little hotter than we would have liked - it didn't feel that hot when we planned to go, but it was just hot air blowing on us. Noah loves to ride in the jeep. He is always so quiet and just looks around at everything and likes to try to catch the wind. He also sticks his tongue out at the wind too - he is such a character!



Sunday we went to church and I heard a good lesson that felt aimed to me in alot of ways. When life is good it is easy to be thankful and faithful, but we struggle when things are hard. The lesson was based on the movie Soul Surfer (awesome movie by the way) and even though the struggles and hard times in my life right now are nothing compared to those in the movie, it helped me relate. If you don't have tough times, how can you testify? Awesome message. After church we went to my nephew Greyson's 1st birthday party. He had the cutest sock monkey party! I didn't get to take many pictures because I was chasing Noah around everywhere - but he was having a blast so I really didn't mind.


Happy 1st Birthday Greyson!

The best present of the party? The boxes of course!

Noah helping Uncle Eli put Greyson's tool bench together :)

Now, time to start another HOT work week. I already warned my coworkers to bundle up because I will have the air cranked down and fans turned up for awhile now!

No comments:

Post a Comment