Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Noah's 1st Fever :(

Well, I think making it the first two years of life without a fever is a success! I am not sure if it has to do with breastfeeding (which increases immune systems) or if I am just lucky, but Noah had never had a fever until this weekend. He, of course, acted fine. I felt bad because I was not accustomed to checking for fever, so I am hoping he hadn't had it long before I checked it. It was only 101.6 - but Noah has a lower normal body temp, so it was more like 102.6 for him. Here is how it went down:

Saturday, Nathan left out about 5:30 a.m. for a softball tournament, so Noah and I had the day together. We went to our cousin Hailey's birthday party, and we didn't stay long. Noah was into everything and running me around like crazy. It was an outside party and it was hot - so I was burning up. So, after about 30 minutes, I loaded him up and we went to Sonic for some air conditioning and ice cream. Once we got home Noah felt hot - just his back and the top of his head. So, that is when I took his temperature. I started the alternating medicines then and he was acting fine so I didn't see a need for a doctor trip. I try to not overreact so I wanted to see how he did the rest of the day.

Noah exploring at the birthday party

He was so proud he took all the roses off the bush! Sorry Kristal :/

Noah still had his fever Sunday so I didn't want to send him to church nursery and possibly infect the other kids. So, we didn't go to church, but I had nursery duty so I ran over and worked that during our second service. We had a date planned to go to a movie and Nathan's parents were going to watch Noah. I told them he had a fever, but was acting fine. They said to go ahead and bring him. So, we took him out to see them and we went and saw The Lucky One and had lunch at Dixie Cafe. It was a nice date! The movie and food were both good - and my company wasn't bad either :)

Noah's daycare has a fever rule of 24 hour fever free, so I knew he couldn't go Monday. So, I had to take off and stay home with him. He ended up falling asleep at 8:00 (an hour before his bedtime) - he just laid over on me on the couch and was asleep in 5 seconds! (no exaggeration, literally, 5 seconds) He slept for 13 hours straight and woke up fever free! So, we just had a nice Monday off and played together and watched movies - and may have ate a little junk food :)

I am glad to report we are now fever free and feeling good! Hopefully his lucky streak of no illness will continue or I may be just jinxing myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment