Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Momma Club

The Momma Club has a lot of criteria you must meet before you are officially "in". Such as: being puked on, being pooped on, staying up all night with a kid, having your kids snot on your shoulder all day and not realizing it, finding random kids toys/food in your purse, etc. Well, I knew it was only a matter of time before this one happened. I met another criteria for the Momma Club this weekend. Noah had his first "Come to Jesus" meeting (aka: spanking) in the public bathroom. He has been testing his boundaries a lot lately and it is just killing me (just ask Nathan - he thinks I am losing my mind because it bothers me having to discipline him so much). The poor kid has gotten at least one spanking or time out every day for the last week from me. I by far hate the disciplining part of parenting more than anything. I have memories of being disciplined as a child and I remember thinking how innocent I was and that my parents were just wrong! I don't want Noah having any bad memories like that - but I also cannot let him become "that kid" - the brat that no one wants to be around. You know that kid - their evil little face popped in your head as soon as you read that.

We went to my niece Eliza's 7th birthday party at the jump place Saturday. Noah doesn't nap on Saturdays, he just goes to bed earlier. Well, that works ok, unless he is running around a lot and getting extra tired (like jumping) or if it is late afternoon. I forgot to go over the birthday warning with him before we left - he is still confused about this, he always wants to blow out the candles too. So, before we go to parties I will tell him "this is Elizas party and her candles, you can't blow them out, do you understand?" and it usually works. Well, since I forgot and he was in a bad mood because he wanted to jump and hadn't had a nap - he melted down when Eliza blew out her candles. In front of everyone, he lost it. I was holding Ryan, and Nathan was talking/ignoring Noah because he was being a brat. He was only getting worse and louder and ruining Elizas party so I had to hand Ryan over to Nathan and take him to the bathroom. He looked shocked at the spanking and just stood there looking at me with wide eyes and his lip out (making it SO hard for me to get onto him). I gave him the "I am not raising a brat and you are not going to act that way" speech and he kept saying "yes ma'am" (thank you daycare) and he was good as gold after that! He will tell you all about it too - "I was screaming and crying and momma spanked me and then I stopped crying and sat in her lap like a good boy" :)


Love this picture of these two fighting - as usual :)


Eliza did have an awesome birthday party and I still cannot believe she is 7! We love you Eliza and were so glad we got to celebrate your special day with you! (Sorry Noah tried to steal the show!)


4 comments:

  1. I hate disciplining too! It is necessary, but I think it is harder on me than it is on Chandlor. He is finally old enough to understand right from wrong...for the most part. So that has made me feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noah was SO good for awhile and now he is just testing his boundaries now - so I am hoping if I call his bluff it will stop soon :) He doesn't like hurting my feelings so I am playing that card as often as I can! HA!

      Delete
  2. We are having to get creative with punishment. She thinks it is fun to go to time out and she will try to "spank" herself.To be honest, we've never truly spanked her just threatened or spatted her little hand. But, she is so stubborn and hard headed like (both of her parents) I think we just might pay for our raising on this issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noah used to spank himself and put himself in time out too - it was so funny. Noah does get spankings - not beatings, just butt swats when needed. I am very stubborn also and hate it when I see it come out in Noah (and even Ryan some too already). I can pay for my raising, I was not that bad, but Nathan on the other hand... :)

      Delete