Monday, March 28, 2016

Spring Breaking into Easter!

I have not had a real Spring Break since I was in college 13 years ago, but now that I have a school aged kid it all starts again! I am fortunate enough to work somewhere that has "come and go" hours during Spring Break so people with kids or grandkids can be with them. So, since Noah is out of school all week I decided to take off Monday to take the kids to the zoo. We have went to the zoo during Spring Break for years now. Unfortunately, due to distance and joint custodys, my kids were the only ones who could make it this time. So, me and my mom and the kids went for the afternoon. The weather was perfect and the kids had a great time! They were not very busy at all - we even got front row parking! It was a perfect day!

Tuesday through Thursday I worked and the kids went to daycare. Ryan gets so excited when Noah goes back to Ms. Lauries with her and he loves it! There are special privileges for the older kids (no naps and can sit on the big couch) and he feels so big when he goes there now :) The evenings have been nice so we have been getting some ball practice in. Noah has played t-ball 2 years already with the girls club but this will be his first year of baseball with the boys club so we are getting ready for tryouts next week!

Ryan wanted in on the action too :)

Thursday night there were early showings of Batman vs. Superman and Noah has been dying to see it so we decided to go. It was 2.5 hours and very packed but the kids did great! I won't spoil the ending, but we had one sad little boy (crying big tears) but they made it look like there will be a promising sequel that everything will be ok, so he was ok with that.

On Friday I was supposed to take the kids to the Janet Huckabee Nature Center in Fort Smith. During the movie the night before my back started hurting, but I assumed it was because it was a long movie and Ryan was squirming in my lap during most of it. But, it got worse all night and the next morning. I showed Nathan where it hurt and described it to him and he said that is how his was hurting when he had his kidney stone. So, that freaked me out and I decided to get it looked at before the weekend. So, that meant I had to take the kids to daycare and cancel our day trip :( Luckily, it turned out to just be back pain - which I have been fortunate enough not to experience until now. I was so relieved when it felt better after taking some anti-inflammatories. Since we missed the bleach tye-dying shirt activity at the nature center, we decided to try it ourselves. I looked it up online and did it how the instructions said (against my better judgment) so the shirts didn't turn out exactly right. But, we had a lot of fun and plan to try it again soon! We ended our Spring Break week with dinner at Rivertowne :)

Saturday we hunted eggs like crazy! We went to a local city hunt and then to my brother-in-laws for another hunt. The local hunt started about 2 minutes after we got there and lasted about 5 minutes! Those kids are fast! We managed to get 77 eggs though, the kids were excited.

My brother-in-law had us over for a cookout and egg hunt at their beautiful house. The kids played, dyed eggs, and we hid almost 200 eggs there for the 4 kids to hunt! It was so much fun!

Daddy was going to the races that night to help a friend, once the kids heard that they HAD to go too. So, the kids and I drove up to watch a little. This was the first Saturday night of the season and the line to get in was SO long! It was literally miles long. It went by fast thankfully. The kids loved watching the fast cars and eating nachos :) They did argue over who was going to "put the pedal to the metal better" though :) We even went up in the tower where they do the announcing from and Noah and Ryan got to announce some races on the speaker - Noah said "we have a red car versus a red car" :) and Ryan just kept yelling "Daddy! Daddy!" :)

Ryan helping Eric announce the races :)
He liked the racing a little more than I wanted him to :)
Sunday was finally Easter! We went to Church where the kids got to see the Easter Bunny. Then lunch and a visit to my Grandmas. We then had to head home for a little t-ball practice in the yard, playing in the dirt and a four-wheeler ride to end a very eventful week or memories!

Playing with bunnies at Great Grandmas house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment