Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Pink Eye, Memphis, Pink Eye

We went back to Fox & Fork on Tuesday to celebrate my stepdad David's birthday. Both my brothers and their families were there and my grandparents. It was so much fun! Good food, piano music, presents and ice cream cake! While we were there Noah told me his eyes had been itching that day. I saw he had some "sleep" in his eye, which was strange since he hadn't been asleep. I told Nathan while we were eating that I was betting he had pink eye - since it was going around really bad. I lost count of how many kids I knew that had it recently.



I knew all I could do was start disinfecting and washing hands extra and see what it looked like the next morning. Well, he woke up and freaked out! He could not open his left eye because it was so matted up! Four warm washcloths later he was able to open it. So, he got to spend the day with mom going to the doctor and work with me. Of course he requested Emerald Dragon for lunch so he could eat fried rice with carrots in it so they would help heal his eyes :)




On Thursday I made a trip to the airport to get my best friend Cassie. I love getting to see her for any amount of time I can, whenever I can, since she lives in Hawaii. But, I wish she were here under better circumstances. Her father is not doing well and her family could use all the extra prayers they can get - so please include them in yours! This was also St. Patrick's day and I must say I had two cute little pots of gold that day :)



Friday, after I volunteered at Noah's school, Nathan and I left for a little weekend getaway to Memphis to watch drag races. I asked if I could plan a few stops on Friday and Nathan was fine with whatever. So, we stopped at a shopping center an hour from home so I could do some Easter shopping without the kids at Target (I LOVE Target). After that I wanted TGI Friday for a late lunch. When we were leaving the house that day, Nathan was complaining that something was in his eye but that he figured it would work it's way out and it wasn't unbearable. Well, while we were eating, he decided it was unbearable. So, since it was 4:00 on a Friday afternoon we decided we had to act fast is we were going to find someone in this town to see him before the weekend. On my third call I got lucky and found a place! We had to hurry and pay our ticket and drive across town. They got him in right away and examined him. The doctor found something pretty immediately and let me look through the lens to see it - it was a piece of metal! It was so cool to see, it looked like a bullet in his eyeball! Then the doctor said he was going to need to drill it out. That got Nathan a little nervous and made me a little sick. So, he numbed him and drilled away! He got it all out and said there were a lot of little cuts on his lids too. He put a bandaid contact in and we were on our way again!



My other requested stop was at Bass Pro Shop in the Pyramid. Due to our pit stop we didn't get there until 8:00 p.m., but that gave us 2 hours to check it out. You can buy tickets to the top of the Pyramid so we decided to do that. The view was so pretty! The floor was glass too, which was cool! There was a restaurant at the top also. So, we decided to eat dinner up there before we left. The food was really good and the atmosphere was awesome. It felt like a lot of the restaurants we went to in Las Vegas. From there we met up with friends at Chili's for drinks and then finally to our hotel to check-in.



Saturday we got up and I was layering clothes on - insulated underwear and all and Nathan was laughing at me. I told him I knew how to read a weather app and he wouldn't be laughing later. We went to IHOP and then Nathan had me stop at Walmart to get him some more layers - maybe someday he will listen to me ;) The weather at the track was not great, but not snowing like last year! It was 55 degrees, but the wind was awful! When the sun was out it was actually nice, but it was rarely out all day. I wasn't miserable or anything - I had layers and a blanket to keep warm. As always, we made the best of it and had a great time!





Sunday, as we were driving home I got a text from my mother-in-law that had a picture of Ryan with pink eye and said "ready for round two?" UGH. So, she was started on Noah's eye drops then and I redisinfected everything I could in the house again. Nathan made chicken ka-bobs and we all ended our weekend with dinner and a movie.


We are SO thankful to our moms for always watching our kids so we can take little trips together and not worry about the kids at all. Now, we are ready to celebrate Spring Break for the first time with a school aged kid! We plan to squeeze a few adventures in where we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment