Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Our Final February Weekend!

Since Nathan was gone last weekend I decided I wanted to go on a date with him when he got back. He kept making fun of me for calling it a date, so of course I called it a date as much as I could after that. Our neighbors opened a new restaurant a while back and I have been wanting to try it out. So, we decided to go there and to the movies. We didn't even know what was playing at the movies, but we hadn't been to a non-G rated movie in so long that I knew there would be something on we hadn't seen.

The restaurant was very nice - candle lit and a piano player - it felt very adult, which we are not used to :) We had poutine for the appetizer. I watch Wahlburgers and they had a whole episode about it and I have wanted to try it ever since, so I was excited to see it on the menu. It was really good! For dinner, I got Chicken of the Woods and Nathan had steak - they were both really good! They came with salads and there were cranberries in the salad. Normally, I would pick them out but I decided to give it a try and it was actually really good! We highly recommend Fox & Fork!



We had to hurry and eat to make the movie. We decided to see "How to Be Single" and I must say I was pleasantly surprised! I had low expectations for it from the previews, but we both were laughing out loud for most of the movie! It was so nice to spend a little time at the movies watching a good movie, sharing popcorn with my husband and not having to say "shhhh" and having a kid climb on you the whole time. It was a nice little break. We also got home in time to see the kids before bed and tuck them in - perfect end to the day!



Saturday Noah had his last basketball game. He did really good and has come so far with it. He was crying the first practice and so stressed about it and ended up telling me how much he liked it and can't wait to play again next year. We are going to try to practice more over the next year and maybe he will have more confidence going into next season.




After the game we let Noah pick wherever he wanted to eat to celebrate his basketball season and he said he wanted to go to "that place with the rice that has carrots in it that you can fix your own plate of" aka: Emerald Dragon Chinese buffet :) After that the weather was so nice we went on our first four wheeler ride of the year and the kids and I took a walk and played outside for a while. That night Nathan surprised me with my favorite meal and we watched the movie "33" - which was also really good! I love a movie based on a true story!



My favorite!!

Now it is officially March and we are ready to play outside until dinner, after dinner four wheeler rides, t-ball season, and a few spring mini-vacations!

No comments:

Post a Comment