Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter 2014

I saw a sign in town that said "Clarksville Egg Hunt, Cline Park Saturday at noon" so I decided since we had no plans for the day that we should go  - I had always wondered about the Clarksville City egg hunt and thought I had finally found it. Well, it turns out I hadn't. We got there and there were not as many people as I was expecting. Then we were greeted by some nice people telling us they would serve lunch and then have story time and then an egg hunt. This was a church's Easter celebration. I felt like we were intruding - even though they made us feel very welcome. We asked Noah if he wanted to stay or go to do something else - of course he wanted to hunt eggs. So, we stayed. He really go into the story of Jesus and the tomb and got a ton of eggs!







From there we went to the store with my dad so he could get them an Easter present (a new dinosaur and Minnie mouse) and then we went to my moms house for their Easter baskets where they got the cutest stuffed animals and candy and Noah got a magnifying glass that (little to Grandmas knowledge) he has been begging for!

The Easter Bunny came that night and brought the kids some books, movies (Walking with Dinosaurs and Frozen), some Minnie mouse things for Ryan and Noah had lost some dinosaurs at the ballpark so the Easter Bunny tracked some down to replace them :) I woke Noah up Easter morning and asked him if he wanted to go see what the Easter Bunny had brought him and he replied "that will be exciting" :) He loved all of his stuff and had to watch his movie right then! I then got ready for church and got Ryan up to see her Easter Bunny stuff - she was most excited about the FurReal bunny :)







After church Noah went to my grandmas early with my mom and I stayed and worked in the church nursery while Nathan and Ryan went home to play with her Easter stuff. Then we met up with Noah at my grandmas. The kids love my grandmas house - what is not to love with cows, goats, pigs, horses, dogs and a huge toy box! We all ate and did 2 egg hunts with all the cousins. There is always a big group of family there and there was over 50 people there and we were missing quite a few. Some of my best memories are from playing with all my cousins at my Grandma Bobbies house - it is so awesome to see my kids doing the same thing.


She wasn't a fan :)

Noah had to thank the Easter Bunny for all the stuff he got :)








We ended the day with Ryan on my hip and Noah in a chair, both helping me make chicken spaghetti and giggling and smiling. It was a good Easter :)



No comments:

Post a Comment