Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Our 4th of July

Well, the plan was to meet up with my dad and brothers at the new water park, go to a cookout, then then the fireworks show. But, that is not how our holiday turned out. Noah woke up and told me his stomach hurt and then he got sick (from drainage). I hoped that was it. I took his temperature, no fever, so we were all just hanging out watching TV. Noah wasn't hungry, which was strange for him. He was very emotional and kept saying he was tired - neither of which are like him either. Nathan hugged him and said he was really hot and asked if I had taken his temperature. Well, in the hour since I had taken it, it spiked to 103 degrees! This is my first experience ever with a temperature that high and Noah's second time to run a fever ever! I started alternating tylenol and ibuprofen and gave him a bath to help cool him off. In a few hours he was back to his old self - running around, playing dinosaurs, wrestling with Dada - but still never got his appetite back. I managed to get him to eat a few pieces of chicken, some doritos, and some fruit/vegetable pouches - so it was better than nothing.

My little firecrackers - Mr. Sick still in his pj's :(

Ryan's 1st Independence Day!

Since we couldn't make the water park, my Dad and brother sent over some fireworks for Noah. We did some sparklers at home and then went over to watch the big show. It seemed to take a long time for the firework show to start (which can be difficult with a baby that goes to bed at 8:00 and a sick toddler that didn't nap that day) but the show was worth the wait.







We got home and gave the kids a quick bath and everyone went to bed. I was hoping for a miraculous healing for Noah, but he got up today with a fever again. So, we are having another day at home alternating medicines and resting. I don't know how long these viruses typically last (I have heard 3 days) but I am hoping it is over soon. It is sad to see a child that is usually so full of life just laying around sick.



Hope you all had a happy 4th! We are thankful and blessed to live in the United States of America!

No comments:

Post a Comment