Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Baby Stillwell #2

I am so glad to finally announce that Nathan, Noah, and I are expecting a baby in September! I was 13 weeks yesterday and I am due September 20th! We were able to get pregnant this time after 7 months of trying instead of 3 1/2 years like we experienced with Noah - so thankful for that! Here is what you have missed in the past 13 weeks:



I took my first positive pregnancy test January 14, 2012. I had basketball games that Saturday so I was up at 6:00 a.m. and decided to let myself take a test. Once you take a bunch of negatives too early, you tend to want to wait - it is like there is still hope if you wait to test. I immediately saw the two lines and literally looked up and thanked God - out loud right there in the bathroom. It was an amazing moment. I then took the test to the bedroom and turned the light on which of course blinded Nathan so he couldn't even see the test! I told him what it said and he hugged me and I told him "we did it without drugs this time!" - He said "good job!" HA! I felt like he was about to give me a high-five! It was funny. We decided then to wait to tell until we talked to a doctor and we would go from there. I wanted to tell everyone at 8 weeks, Nathan wanted to wait 12. So we agreed on 8 weeks for family and 12 for everyone else (aka: Facebook Official time).


6 Weeks

8 Weeks

The next few weeks went not as well as with Noah. I was never sick or tired or anything with Noah. If you remember, our whole family got the stomach bug and I basically never got over it. I pretty much kept the nausea until 12 weeks - that made for a long 6 weeks. I ended up having to get a prescription to use when the nausea was really bad because I wasn't able to work or take care of Noah - it was so frustrating. I literally one night sat there on the couch and cried because Noah was laying in the floor eating chips and cookies and there were toys and stuff everywhere and I could not get off the couch to save my life. I felt useless. Nathan came through and the first thing he said was "is this one of those emotional woman things?" HA! That made me laugh and snap out of  it. But, enough of the poor me - I am tough, made it through and I am feeling alot better now. Most days the nausea is just coming and going and gets better if I eat - which is so backward to me.


10 weeks

12 weeks

We told our parents by having Noah wear his big brother shirt - it took Nathan's family an hour to read his shirt! It was so funny! It made for a good memory for sure! My mom was suspicious of my visit and read his shirt right away. I sent a picture of the shirt to all my siblings then and we swore them all to secrecy.



Today we had our first ultrasound and it was just a quick bedside ultrasound. We got two pictures and the doctor said it looked perfect size and everything looked good. I am on drugs to keep me from miscarrying for one more week - so thankful for that, it really gives me piece of mind. We go back in 5 weeks for another ultrasound - I can't wait. We will not be finding the gender of this baby out either. It is just such an awesome experience to not know. So, only God will know until the baby is here. As far as what we want (of course we have the political healthy baby answer) - I want a boy and a girl - for some reason I have always wanted two boys and a girl. So, this time it doesn't matter to me. Nathan is team boy - he is scared of a girl. I think he would be an awesome Daddy to a girl. God knows what is best for us and will give us what we need. Noah doesn't really understand what is going on yet. He will pat my belly and say baby, and then pat his belly and say baby. He will also call himself Bubba. I think he will catch on more when the baby gets here.



I cannot wait to go on this journey again - thank you God for answering my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment