Pages

Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day Weekend

Our Saturday was very busy even after we had to pass on a few things we were invited to - this is just a busy time of year with sports, graduations and birthdays! Nathan had a golf tournament on Saturday morning while the kids and I got ready for Noah's ballgame. We met up at the game at noon. Noah wasn't catcher that day because we were missing a few players so he was needed on the field. He did ok, but is definitely more distracted out on the field than at catcher.


After the game the kids and I went to lunch while Nathan finished up at the golf course. Then it was off the the 10th Annual Crawfish Boil at the Porter's house. This is only our second year to attend, but we have had a great time both years. The kids love the bounce houses and playing with other kids. The kids and I went home early - they were begging for a water balloon fight so I gave in. Then it was dinner and movie night featuring Ratatouille.







Sunday was one of my favorite days - Mother's Day! After dealing with infertility for years before we were blessed with Noah I always hold this day special in my heart. We started our day at Church then went to the park with my family for lunch.






My mom and I started a new tradition last year of going to the movies - just her and I - on Mother's Day. This year we saw Snatched. It was a good movie - lots of funny stuff and about a mother/daughter relationship so it was perfect for the occasion! After the movie I met Nathan and the kids out at the Country Club where he was golfing. The kids love running around and playing at the golf course and I love watching them have fun. Watching Nathan golf is easy on the eyes too ;)







Once we were home, Nathan's mom came over and we gave her a Mother's Day gift and then had quick dinner and baths and we were off to bed - we were all exhausted from the busy weekend. Now we have Noah's last full week of 1st grade (and in the Primary School at all), Ryan's t-ball game, family dinner night, ballet class, Diary of a Whimpy Kid movie date, then a weekend full of celebrating Noah turning 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment