Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Our Cinematic Holiday Weekend

Friday night Nathan and I got to go on a date night! We finally got to try out The Old Bank restaurant in Russellville. It is so cool inside! We absolutely loved the atmosphere - sports decor, old brick walls, huge tv's everywhere (not only showing sports), and a cool view from the second story window! Our food was good too! We plan to go back as soon as we get the chance to.

My handsome date making a status about how much he loves me I'm sure :)



After the movie we went to see Patriot's Day. I have been looking forward to this movie coming out for a long time. Not only does it have my crush Mark Wahlberg in it and one of my all-time favorites John Goodman, but it is a true story about American history - another one of my favorite kind of movies. Since the Boston Marathon bombings were only a few years ago, I remember all of it unfolding. I did not, however, know all the stuff going on to find the bombers. I am amazed at what all our government can do in such a short time - and honestly it made me feel safer living in America. We live in a time where there are cameras and technology everywhere and that can all be used to prevent attacks and catch those who already have made attacks. Also, I didn't realize how many American heroes were involved in this story! SO many people ran toward the bombs to help people and not to mention the guy who was carjacked and basically stopped the bombers plans to bomb Time Square in New York next. The movie was just great - we laughed more than we cried watching the movie, which I wasn't expecting but loved it.




While we were on our date, the kids went to see Monster Truck with their Meme Donna and cousin Paxton. They were so excited to go and keep telling me how good the movie was. After we all got back from the movies we all stayed up way past bedtime playing with toys and video games. Saturday was the first lazy day we have had in a long time. The kids and I did not go anywhere (besides the front yard) all day long! We played and cleaned house while Daddy golfed. Then the kids and I decided to give Harry Potter a try. None of us have seen any of them. I thought Noah might like the movies based on some other things he likes and what I had heard about the movies so I found a great deal for all 8 movies  for $14 and got them a few months ago. I didn't realize how long the movies were so we only made it through 2 of them that day. Noah said he liked them, but he had trouble sitting and watching movies that were that long. I thought they were cute too and am interested to see what all else happens in the next 6 movies!


A sweet moment of a tickle fight :)

Sunday was full of fun! We went to church and then Nathan golfed while I babysat my niece Emma while my brother and sister-in-law went to the movies. My kids love having their cousin over to play. After that we were invited over to a football watch party. I don't keep up with the NFL but I like to watch the Super Bowl and I knew the playoffs were going on, but until we were on the way to this party I didn't know who was in the playoffs :) The party was a lot of fun - lots of visiting and party food. The kids literally ran around playing with other kids they had never even met before for about 4 hours!



Monday was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day so I was off work and the kids were out of school. I love that this holiday is observed for Dr. King. I love his positive spirit and am proud to celebrate him. The kids and I started our day with breakfast at Cracker Barrel followed by rewatching Moana in the fancy VIP recliners. The kids LOVED the recliners! They thought they were so big and kept saying things like "this is the life" and "finally I can watch a movie comfortably" - so full of it! :) They did however have trouble not constantly moving their seats up and down :) Then it was time to get home and get ready for Noah's basketball game. Noah is still having lots of trouble concentrating at games - part of it is just him and part of it is the gym. There are people walking on the track, another game (with buzzers and whistles and loud fans) going on right beside us, loud fans watching our game - just a lot going on. His team looked good and are starting to get a little better each game.





I have had the last 4 Mondays off so next Monday I may be struggling to go to work!  But before that I get another few days off with the kids to get Ryan a new dress for a dance she has coming up and maybe watch another Harry Potter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment