Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

4 Days Straight

Thanks to the kids daycare being closed Friday and an ice storm Monday, I was with my kids for 4 days straight with the exception of when they were in church nursery, we were together non-stop. It was some much needed togetherness. Nathan was with us most of that time, but he did have to work some. We went to the grocery store together, watched movies, cooked, played play-doh, built towers, and the kids favorite - played in the extra car seats in the living room! Why they like this so much is beyond me but it kept them busy for hours and I was able to do some laundry, dishes, and even go to the bathroom alone (once).


Playing hide and seek - she thinks if she looks at the corner we won't see her :)

Car seats in the living room (both yelling "cheese")

My little heartbeats :)
Sunday after church we surprised Noah and took him to watch the Lego movie - he was very excited! He does really good in the movies except for remembering to whisper, but I have to say the stuff he says loudly is pretty funny. He is just so smart and funny and we never know what is going to come out of his cute little mouth. I thought the movie was cute and had lots of funny parts for adults too.

My movie dates
Monday the roads were solid ice so we were forced to stay home :) We had power this time so it was a lot more enjoyable. Sunday night I asked Ryan before bed if she would walk for me tomorrow and she smiled really big and shook her head yes. So, after she woke up from her nap I decided to get a snack out and see if she will walk for it. Both of my kids love baby cheetos so I stood her up in the middle of the floor and stepped back with a cheeto and she walked right to me like she has been doing it all her life! I could not believe it. I knew she could and would walk - she has been so close for so long, but to see her do it so effortlessly was awesome. We got to watch God answer our prayers right there in front of us! "I may be weak, but your spirits strong in me. My flesh may fail, my God you never will". I always think of Ryan when I hear this song - it was never more true then when we saw her take those first steps!


Even though it was nice spending those 4 days off with the kids, I do love our normal routine and was happy to get back to it. I will admit though, I sometimes think I want to be a stay at home mom on those nice long stretches off with my kids - but I love getting out and working (love my work family) - the break is always nice though.

No comments:

Post a Comment