Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

This Easter weekend had it's highs and lows. Saturday Nathan played in a softball tournament and Noah and I had plans of 2 egg hunts. He did so well at the hunt last weekend I wasn't worried about it - stupid me. The hunts are always at nap time, so it is a gamble anyway. At the first hunt we went to, as soon as Noah got out of the car there were only 2 places he wanted to go - the middle of the road and out where the candy and eggs were to be hunted, neither of which were ok. So, once again, all he knew was that he was tired and momma kept telling him no - so meltdown here we come. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is staring at me and the devil child that took over my sweet boy. I finally just took him back to the car to sit until right at hunt time. 5 minutes until time my dad came to get us and that was still too long for Noah to have to wait apparently. The lady running the hunt came over and tried to give him candy and he would just thrown it down and scream and lay down. Seriously, it looked like he was the worst kid on the planet. The lady finally started the race early so Noah would stop, that really happened. I was beyond embarrassed. After the hunt was over, Noah was just fine running around and playing. He just hates being restricted. My dad decided to skip the next hunt - can you blame him?

You wouldn't even know he was possessed by the devil here!

He looks so big here!

This sums up my day!

We went over to the next hunt and they were having everyone meet inside a church before it started. That screamed bad idea for Noah's mood. So, I told my brother to let me know when it was almost time to start and I would take him over and meet him outside the church. His wife sent me a message that they were going over the rules, so I figured it was close to start time and we got out. After over 20 minutes, no one had come out of the church yet. During this time I had to keep Noah from running out and getting eggs and out of swimming in the fountain in front of the church. We circled the fountain 30 times or more, went and saw all the flowers, climbed the church stairs, anything I could think of. Finally everyone came out and what does my child do? Meltsdown and doesn't want to hunt eggs anymore. I finally got him to hunt them. But, these eggs were all empty! You were supposed to turn them back in and get a bag of goldfish when it was over. Noah did not understand why he had to give his "eggs" back that he was so excited about finally getting, so I just kept them. I am a bad person, I know - but after all those meltdowns, I would have gave them the money for the eggs to just get to leave before another meltdown occurred. From there, it was home for a much needed nap!

When Nathan got home that night he wanted to go eat Chinese food. I told him Noah hadn't been good all day, but if he wanted to try it, then we would since I would have help. Noah made it through about half way, then he thought all his food should go under the table. So, there I was picking up all his food off the ground. Not the way I wanted to end my day. I just took him to the car and let Nathan finish eating.  I went to bed at 9:30, right after I put Noah to bed. Then, at midnight I woke up and remembered I had to make a pie for brunch at my moms and it had to chill at least 4 hours! So, I got up and made a pie in the middle of the night. I swear it was the longest day ever.

The Easter Bunny came!

15 minutes later this is what it looked like!

Sunday went much smoother. Noah did great at church. We had a very inspirational Easter message. Then we went to my mom's for brunch. Noah was in a hyper mood, so in order to feed him and myself, I had to find Mickey Mouse on tv (I am forever grateful to Mickey) and feed him in the den. It wasn't ideal, but it worked for the situation. Noah got the cutest Easter basket with candy and the movie Bambi. We then had to head to my grandmas. My sister-in-law Kesha and I took Noah outside and pretty much never went back in, Noah loved just running around her yard and seeing the goats (which he thought were sheep) and horses (which he thinks are cows). They hid real eggs at my grandmas, which Noah loved to look for, but he was a little rough on throwing them in his bucket, so they were a little damaged when it was over with. We then headed home for a nap and relaxing time. Then Nathan's parents came out and brought Noah some marshmallows (his favorite treat right now) and some bubbles! All in all, it was way better than Saturday. But, if I don't hav a bad day, then I won't appreciate my good ones.  I survived and Noah survived and he was back to his sweet happy self today!

My future soccer star!

Hunting with Aunt Kesha - who is always so awesome to help a tired pregnant momma out!

A few cracked eggs - oopsie!

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!

And we can't forget - Happy Easter from Baby Stillwell!

No comments:

Post a Comment