Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Trolley Museum, Baby Bodhi & Peach Festival Fun!



This week for Fun Friday I took the kids to Ft. Smith to check out the Trolley Museum. I am not sure we exactly ever found the museum - that part was confusing and it was too hot to look around too much. But, we did find the Trolley Stop and were able to ride the trolley and the kids even got to drive it! We had a great trolley driver and he took us to old downtown Ft. Smith and told us a very interesting story about the first African-American Marshalls.








After that we went to get Noah a new backpack, lunch box and school supplies. This year he went with a Minecraft backpack and John Cena lunchbox - that pretty much sums up Noah :)  After that we headed back to go meet our newest family member! My brother and his wife had a new baby - Bodhi Robert Gunn! It was both of the kids first time to really hold a new baby and they were both loving it! Ryan held him about 5 times and did not want to give him up! Luckily, he will be at her daycare soon and she will get to see him a lot!





After that we got lucky and happened to meet up with a friend and her kids for dinner and bowling!




Saturday was a long, hot busy day! It started with a 4 mile race at 7:00 a.m. with my friends. I have been training for a 5k for awhile, but am not quite ready so I knew I wouldn't make a 4 miler yet so we all signed up to walk it together. We had the best time - as always. We even made a pit stop for donuts - I mean the donut shop drive-thru was on the route so we had to!





After that I had to meet Noah over at the greased pig chase. Noah finally decided he wanted to participate in this year. There were a bunch of kids in his age group this year - I would estimate at least 30! He had the biggest smile on his face while he chased the pig, but was pretty disappointed afterwards - that is just how Noah is. We had time to kill while we waited on our next event so we walked the square with my family and got the kids souvenirs, rode the train and got their cartoons drawn (we have done this since 2013 by the same sweet lady and I have them all stacked in the same frame at home - love this sweet tradition).





Next up was the terrapin derby. It was really getting hot at this point so I was not exactly sad when our turtles didn't win so we were able to leave ;)




After lunch and a little air conditioning we headed back to watch Ryan perform at the court square. There were some technical difficulties with the stage so we had to watch the performance in the studio, which was a little close quarters, but the air conditioning was nice. However, this was the first time we were that close to Ryan while she performed and she did not like it at all. In fact, she refused to dance and just stood there and cried instead. But, after some italian ice she was happy again :)

How Noah felt about watching ballet ;)



We were finally done with the court square but we had one more Peach Festival celebration and one last Little Mister Johnson County duty - the parade! Noah looked so cute on the float and Ryan got to sit in the truck pulling the float with her friend Klaire and they had so much fun giggling and waving flags! After all that activity that day, my step count that day was pretty impressive!


One of my best friends and I are trying arrange a marriage between our kids - don't they make a cute couple?!





Sunday the kids and I went to church and the store and then home to pack for our upcoming trip and play outside. We had cloudy weather and a nice cool rain so the kids and I played outside in it. We danced, threw a party, flayed frisbee and boomerang. It was nice to be outside and not be sweating!



Now for a week of tying up my work ends, cleaning, and packing before a week of relaxation with my kids! We have never been to the beach and I am excited to see what all the hype is about!

No comments:

Post a Comment