Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Swimming, Fireworks, Water Park & Races

A little recap of the last week of our summer. We celebrated Independence Day very low key this year. We pretty much just spent the day at home, grilled burgers and made stuffed jalapenos. Then we spent the evening swimming before heading to the community firework show. I have this weird thing about watching fireworks - it always makes me think about the last time I watched them and how different life is since then. So, as I sat there and watched Noah reach over and put his arm around Ryan and her take his hand as we watched them, I remember thinking that I really hope that is one thing that does not change next year!







On Fun Friday we were headed to Ft. Smith to a nature center, but got a last minute call from my dad that he was taking my brother's kids to the water park and wanted to know if we wanted to join them. I left it up to the kids and they voted water park! It was hot, but the shade was nice and the water was cool so it worked out good. This was the first year Noah was tall enough to ride the slides alone. He was nervous the first time, but then rode them constantly for an hour! Ryan loved the kids area and loved having her cousins there to play with her.






After swimming we all went golfing together as a family. The kids now have their own clubs and really seem to enjoy it. We golfed a few holes and then had dinner at the clubhouse. After that we went to my mom's house for a birthday party for my brother Jeremy. It was a long, fun, busy day and the kids fell asleep in 5 minutes :)





Saturday the kids got to spend some time with their Granny while I went to the races with Nathan. It had been a while since I was able to go and I had missed it. I love watching Nathan do what he loves, seeing our racing friends, watching the races and people watching - plus the drag burgers are great!



Sunday was a busy day, so busy that I didn't take a single picture. After church the kids and I went to my friend Amber's house to give her son a birthday present. My kids love their kids and they all played so well together - plus I love getting to have some girl time with Amber! From there we went to my brother's baby shower. His wife is expecting their 5th child, Bodhi. He will be here by the 21st if not before! The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins and it was nice visiting with family - and even more special that my sister Jayla and her husband Dan made the trip down for the shower. We ended our weekend with getting the kids in bed early so Nathan and I could watch a movie together - Hickok (don't waste your money!).

Now for a week full of Peach Festival Pageant! We have Noah's Farewell dinner, rehearsal for both Noah and Ryan, family dinner night, Noah crowning the new Little Mister and Ryan competing for Tiny Peach, then another Fun Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment