Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Friends

So, over the last week I have been thoroughly celebrated for my birthday. My family included me in a party a few weeks ago (we combine a few months of birthdays altogether since we have such a large family). Then Nathan asked what I wanted for my birthday and I told him just a day with him shopping and out to eat. So, last Friday we had a day in Conway together. Then on my actual birthday Nathan took me to dinner and a movie. The day after my birthday my work took me on the traditional shopping and out to eat trip complete with gifts!



(Warning - this is where it gets a little sappy) :) But this year something different also happened - I had some very special ladies that I have gotten close to over the last few years plan me a special birthday lunch. This may sound like no big deal or a usual thing among friends, but this is the first time I have had this. My best friend lives in Hawaii and it has been a while since we have been anywhere close to each other on our birthdays. So, when I had friends get a secret group message going to plan a day and time and even get me a massage gift certificate (Alicia - I still may cry about that one) and pie - well, let's just say I was a little overwhelmed. I have been really busy raising kids the last few years that I have not had much of a social life to even really make good friends, but Noah starting school gave me the opportunity to do so and I am so thankful for it!




There are so many texts, inside jokes, belly laughs, crying on each others shoulders, mom story sharing, shocked looks, late night texts between us that I always look forward to any time I can get together with them. And we even added new memories at this lunch when we were informed the restaurant has "transitioned away from bread" (who does that?) and Amber pulled a Dine and Dash!

So, I may be late to the friend party but I am so glad that I have these ladies in my life now!

No comments:

Post a Comment