Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

Memories Made Lately :)

We have had so much fun lately! Time for a quick rundown of the memories we made lately.

Noah's group selfie he took during after church lunch :)

We went to see the Jungle Book at the movies! The kids loved it! We went on a Friday night so it was packed but the kids did great! I am SO thankful they love going to the movies as much as I do!



The next day we went and picked strawberries at our local berry patch. I have done this with my dad for years, but this is the first time for me to take the kids. They LOVED it! Even though it drizzled the whole time they kept saying things like "this is the best day ever" and "I am having so much fun" :)




I helped throw a wedding shower for my friend Laikken. Everything turned out so perfect! I was in charge of shower games and I am not going to lie - it scared me! I didn't know a lot of the people that were attending this shower so I wasn't sure how the games would go over. I went with a date night jar (guests wrote date night ideas on sticks and put them in a mason jar for the couple to use), The Price Is Right game (guests had to estimate how much they thought the items in a bowl cost - closest guess won a prize and the bride got the bowl of goodies), and the Who am I game (guests wrote down a memory with the bride and if the bride couldn't guess who wrote it then they won a prize). The Who am I game was SO fun! Laikken was such a good sport about it all! Now, on to the bachelorette party and the wedding!



I have been promising Ryan she can start ballet if she gets potty trained - well the time finally came! I get to sit in on the first few lessons and I was shocked by how great she did! She was able to do so many of the poses on her first try! We started lessons at a good time - right before picture day and she has a recital in a few months. You can just tell she loves it and that makes me very happy!



Recital outfit on picture day!
Noah took his first baseball to the face :( He was chasing another boy on the team around before practice and the boy turned and threw it and it got Noah right between the eyes! He had stitch marks from the ball and everything! He tends to be a little dramatic and was screaming "my brain is coming out!" and "it hit me in the thinking part, I don't even know what I am doing anymore" :) It was hard not to laugh :) But, he got back out there and finished practice - I was proud! Nathan has been able to help at practices lately also - which is nice. Games start this weekend so that is when the real fun starts!




Advice from Daddy :)

Noah was out of school Friday and asked if he could go to Ryan's daycare with her. Who am I to say no to a day free to clean my house? :) The babysitter had a popcorn, movie, picnic, pajama day for all the kids that day - they had so much fun! They were together so much before Noah started Kindergarten so they love getting a day together here and there again at Mrs. Lauries!



Our McDonald's is being torn down and they are building a new one. I go to McDonald's for breakfast several times a week and the kids usually get a Happy Meal about once a week so we will be sad that it is closed for 3 months or so. Noah asked if we could go and have one last meal in the old building and take pictures before they tear it down. Ryan asked if McDonald's was going to go to heaven when they tear it down :)




We went to  a wedding shower at Piney Bay for Nathan's cousin. The kids loved playing outside and we had a good time visiting and eating with family.





We have been busy lately and we are not slowing down this week - ball practices, ballet, music programs, ball game, crawfish boil and who knows what else!

No comments:

Post a Comment