Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Retail Therapy and ACH

On Saturday the kids and I spent the day together since Nathan had to work. First Noah had t-ball practice.  He is doing much better this year but that dang dirt and grass is still so tempting to play in - so he gets distracted very easy with it. This is the first year he has played on a team that required a certain color pants, socks, and belt so we  decided to go shopping after practice. Plus, we needed to get clothes for our upcoming family pictures. I like to try to get family pictures made every 6 months or so. That way we have them to look back on. I have very few family pictures from my childhood, so this is something I really want my kids to have.

So, the kids and I went to Fort Smith and we went to Old Navy, Target, Academy, Dick's, Burlington Coat Factory, Dillard's, JC Penny, Sears, Crazy 8, Candy Craze, Trinkets, and Francesca's!  My kids were troopers! Unfortunately, we were only able to find Ryan a dress for pictures that day. We did get Noah's baseball clothes though. We then had dinner at TGI Fridays before heading home. I love that the kids are old enough now that I can take them shopping or out of town for the day by myself and it isn't a disaster!

Sunday, after church we went to Russellville for lunch and to continue looking at a few more places for picture clothes. After going to TJ Maxx, JC Penny, Cato and Belk, I finally got the perfect dress at Ross! Nathan found him something at TJ Maxx so that just left Noah. Nathan then decided to get "Noah" an early birthday present and we ended up coming home with a playstation! So, once we got home, the boys played on the playstation while Ryan and I cleaned my car and took stuff to donate at the Mustard Seed. It was such a productive day - which it a great way to end the weekend!

Monday was Noah's appointment at Arkansas Children's Hospital for his hernia. The doctor was very nice and informative. He explained that his type of hernia is not anything we need to rush to fix but will need to be fixed surgically when we decide we are ready. We decided to wait until this summer so he is out of school and not playing t-ball. It was a relief to know it is not any big deal and can be easily fixed and that we can do it later when it will be easier on his schedule.  Thank you to all that prayed for us with this issue and we will need prayers again in July!

Ryan missed Noah while we were at the doctor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment