Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

We are blessed with lots of family so that means around the holidays we have lots of stops! We started our Thanksgiving day at my grandmas house for lunch and visiting. My grandma still has all the toys my cousins and I played with as children so it is really neat to watch them all play with them too.

Playing in the same toy boy I used to play in :)


We LOVE Grandma Bobbie!
We then went to Nathan's grandparents house for a late lunch/dinner. Nathan's family is a lot smaller than mine and there is only one other little kid besides ours - their cousin Paxton - but them three played very well together for a long time! Then it was time for me to leave to meet my dad for our Thanksgiving tradition of shopping at Walmart! Nathan gladly stayed with the kids - well, gladly until he realized they hadn't napped - then it was not so good. There was 6 of us at Walmart together and we got 5 carts full of stuff for the 10 kids we were shopping for! Black Friday shopping is not really as big of a deal as people make it out to be - yes there are lots of people, yes there are lines but don't go if you are in a hurry. We have so much fun when we go! We almost always get everything we go after and have never fought for anything - and I have never seen a fight either. I love our Black Friday tradition and plan to keep it going with my kids!

The kids LOVE playing with their cousin Paxton!

Oh how I love these two :)

My favorite picture of the holiday :)
We always celebrate Thanksgiving with my mom on the Friday after Thanksgiving and we don't do a traditional menu - this year we decided on Italian! So, Nathan and I made 2 different pasta bakes and a salad. We were also celebrating Nathans birthday, my brothers girlfriend Jessica and my sister-in-law Emilys birthdays. Lots of good food and visiting were had :)


Ryan and Greyson loved making me a nervous wreck playing on the stairs!





That afternoon we knew Ryan had to nap - after no nap the day before we were not willing to go through that again. So Nathan went to his parents to visit with family that came in from out of town while I hung Christmas lights while Ryan napped. It was 70 degrees outside so I had to hang the lights before it got cold again! We then went to dinner with all of Nathan's Stillwell family to end our two day Thanksgiving celebration.

We have so much to be thankful for and are glad we got to see so much family this holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment