Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

1st Annual Gunn Holiday!



We decided to start a new tradition this year with the Gunn side of the family. My dad only has 2 siblings that are still with us and they live in the St. Louis area and one niece and her family that live close to us. So, for the most part my dad always comes to my moms for all the holidays (my parents co-parent/co-grandparent very well). I got the idea that my dad needed to have his own party around the holidays to see what little side of that family we have in this area that we do not get to see nearly enough. My brother Jeremy and his wife Emily were gracious enough to host the party and they went above and beyond. Their new house is so spacious and very kid friendly so it was perfect!




They had coloring tables and a bounce house set up in the garage, a swingset, trampoline, and playhouse outside and a large playroom inside. I barely saw Noah after we walked in the door - he buddied up with his cousin Marley and they were inseparable the rest of the night! Ryan made her rounds everywhere but wasn't going to go anywhere without Momma :) Noah was the same way at this age so I know her constantly wanting me with her is only temporary so I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.








My dad brought lots of old pictures to share and told lots of stories on us all (some of which are not true - I swear I did not wear mismatching converse shoes as a child - he is crazy). We had great food (chili, chicken chili, white beans, ham, cheeseball, cakes and cookies and visited for hours. Then we all went to the Fayetteville square to look at the Christmas lights.


Noah and his new BFF cousin Marley!

My beautiful cousin Sydney :)
The kids loved the lights and the music - Noah even had to stop and dance for a little while :) We ended our evening with a pony ride :) It was great visiting with everyone and just being together - no presents, no big plans - just visiting and letting the cousins play together. I can't wait to do it all again next year and I hope we can get more family here next year!







Dancin' fools :)






No comments:

Post a Comment