Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bargains, Birthday, and a Baby

That pretty much sums up our weekend! Nathan was out of town all weekend so me and the kids had some quality time together. Friday was the middle of the annual Bargains Galore in our area and I decided Noah was finally old enough to tag along. My dad and I always go in one direction from Clarksville to Alma or Clarksville to Conway. This year we went towards Alma and how the weather played out that day that was a good choice! We don't stop at every sale but we stopped at a lot - we left Clarksville at 8:30 a.m. and after stopping to play at the park in Altus and to have lunch at Rivertowne in Ozark we made it to Alma around 2:00 and headed back. Noah ended up with lots of new dinosaur toys and books and didn't spend over $10! After that we had a fashion truck in town for a few hours for a fundraiser so I took Noah to shop on it with me - the poor thing was all kinds of confused after I took him shopping in people's yards and in a big pink truck :)

His yard sale money Daddy gave him :)

Break at Altus Park

Lunch at Rivertowne

One excited boy when he found this!
The next morning we went to Smokey the Bears 70th birthday party! I really didn't know what to expect, but it was so fun! Noah was the perfect age for all the activities and Ryan was a good age for a lot of it but wasn't crazy about the strangers talking to her :) Noah went on stage and talked to one of the rangers, looked at animal foot prints, did a cave simulation, bounce houses, target shooting, face painting, made airplanes, got tattoos, did a water brigade (simulating how fires were put out before fire trucks), and went on a fire truck tour! It was a lot of fun even though it was really hot!


Cave simulation

Target practice

Smokey Hats

He wanted to be a white tiger

Fire brigade



Sunday we went to church and then had to go on the search for a cake or cupcakes for my brother's baby shower. I had ordered one but we had some bad storms in the area on Saturday and it knocked out the power where our baker lived and she messaged me at 1:30 a.m. to tell me the power company still was unable to get her power back on so she couldn't do the cake :( We were able to find some cute cupcakes and made it work just fine. The shower decorations all turned out so cute - it took us a while to make them all but the end result was perfect!



One happy family :)

Parents to be :)

The Hostesses


It was a busy fun-filled weekend but those are my favorite ones. We sure were happy when Daddy got home though!

No comments:

Post a Comment