Tuesday, August 20, 2013

5 Day Weekend!

My babysitter had to close unexpectedly a few days last week, which was inconvenient, but we made the best of it. We just had a 5 day weekend instead :)

Our church rented out the local water park one night. We are having crazy cool weather for August so the water was a little chilly, but it didn't bother Noah at all. What did bother Noah was when a kid pooped in the pool and we had to leave so they could clean the water! But, we did get an hour of swimming in before we had to go. This was our second and last time to get to go to the water park this year, they are now closed for the season. It is hard to think that the next time I go I will have a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old!

Friday we went on one last zoo trip for the year. The weather was perfect! It was cloudy and a little cool, but not cold. No need for sunblock and no one was sweating. It was awesome. Noah had a blast and Ryan was a good girl as usual. They are both at the perfect age for this right now. Dada couldn't make this trip since it was finally not raining he had to work. So we went with my mom, my 2 nieces, 2 nephews, and my nieces mom and stepdad. It was such a nice way to end the summer.

Group pictures are a little hard these days :) (Noah's face cracks me up)

The COUSIN tree :)

Finally a good one - minus ole' crazy eyes in the front :)

Saturday I spent the day at home with the kids - we played and cleaned house (which they love right now - Noah loves to help and Ryan thinks the vacuum is hilarious). Nathan went and raced his car at Centerville Dragway. He broke the track record! He has been dreaming of doing that for years - and telling me he was going to too :) I was sad that I missed it - I stayed home with the kids because I knew he was going next weekend for a big race and I didn't want to leave the kids 2 weekends in a row.

Sunday we went to church and Ryan made it in the nursery the whole time! This has only happened twice so this is a big deal. I went through this same thing with Noah, and it is easier this time because I know eventually she will be ok. I hadn't witnessed it with Noah so it was a hard transition, but I think we are finally getting somewhere with Ryan. Her biggest problem right now is nap time - it conflicts with every service time at church right now! But, this season will pass soon enough :) After church we went to eat and to look at paint samples for a closet that Nathan is building me. We ended up getting Noah a new ceiling fan while we were there. Noah has had a pastel flower ceiling fan since he was born! It also started making a squealing noise sometimes so it was finally time to get him a new one.

Monday morning I had to send my babies back to "school" and I did first day of school pictures this time. I realized Noah would only have one more first day of daycare after this one and then he will be in kindergarten. Since the other  kids at this daycare started kindergarten this year Noah is the oldest one there! How did that happen? It seems like just yesterday he was the youngest there and all the girls were naming their baby dolls Baby Noah and pretending he was there. I do have the youngest kid there too - and Ryan won't be in school for 5 more years since she was a fall baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment