Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Movies, Shopping, & Dining Out Before Being Bugged :(

Nathan was gone last weekend to Tulsa to the drag races so the kids and I found some fun things to do while he was gone. Friday we went straight to the movies after Noah got out of school. We had been looking forward to seeing Boss Baby for months now and it was so cute! I love watching the kids belly laugh and of course asking if we can go see it again :) We then had dinner at one of our favorites - Dixie Cafe, before we went home and we all in our own beds watching our own movies by 9:00!



Saturday was one of my most favorite days that comes around twice a year - Rhea Lana Presale Day! Last week I loaded up about 200 of the kids clothes, shoes and toys and took them to consign. I work a few shifts at the sale so I get to shop early - which is so nice. I love getting a few hours to myself to shop for the kids and get some great deals! Since Nathan was out of town, I was thankful that my mother-in-law was able to keep the kids so I could go to the sale - they had a blast riding bikes and shopping with her. By the end of presale day I checked by account and I had already made over $300 just at the presale and have made another $100 since then. Prepping items for this sale can be a lot of work, but selling it all at once and getting to see that dollar amount rise over sale week is so rewarding.

All tagged and ready to go!

Loaded up to head to the sale!

Once I got back, we played with lots of toys including the new game we got called Toilet Trouble. Basically your roll the toilet paper and flush the little toilet however many times it says to, and if the toilet sprays you then you are out! The kids loved it - even though it was tap water, it was still squirting out of a little toilet so that was just weird! That evening the kids asked if we could have KFC for dinner (one of their favorites) but asked if we could eat inside instead of taking it home - it is the little things like this that excites them that cracks me up. So, we had dinner at KFC and they loved it. We followed that up with movie night at home and watched Sing! - well, I watched, the kids mostly danced through it :)


Someone got sprayed in the mouth!

I couldn't count how many times she said "ewww, that's yuck!"

Sunday we went to church and Daddy got home just in time to meet us for lunch. We went to Sumo and did a little shopping before heading home to get ready for our week.



At bedtime I saw Noah holding his stomach funny. I asked him if he was feeling ok and he said he just felt like he ate too much - which is something he has complained of before and been fine later. Monday morning when I got up at 5:30 I could hear him moving around so I went to check on him and he said his belly was hurting worse. He didn't have a fever, but it is testing week at his school so I didn't want to expose any of the other kids in case he was sick so I didn't send him to school. When Noah is sick like that I usually keep Ryan home too in case she has been exposed I don't want her to give it to her daycare. I am not very good at staying home, so Monday, before 10:00 a.m. I did 4 loads of laundry, did the dishes, cleaned the counters, dusted, cleaned the downstairs window sills and blinds. I got to go over to work for a little bit while Nathan took over for me at home thankfully. Noah was fine most of the day, ate normally and had no stomach issues. Then I fed him and Ryan supper before Ryan's t-ball practice and his stomach started hurting again So, Noah and I stayed home from practice. As I was putting him in the tub I noticed he had a rash on his stomach and then the threw up :( After he threw up he felt better but I didn't want to send him to school until he was 24 hour symptom free. While he was sleeping I checked on him - still no fever and his rash was gone.

A little fun with Ryan on our bonus days at home



He was fine all day Tuesday and ate normally - but I was feeding him bland things in case he had a weak stomach. I manged to clean and organize my bedroom, switch Ryan's closet from winter to summer, clean the shop up and donate stuff to a local donation center, and clean the upstairs windows and blinds - lots of things I had been needing to do but hadn't had a chance, so it wasn't all bad. That evening I took Ryan to ballet and Nathan let Noah eat some chips - which wasn't the best idea. He said they hurt his stomach a little, but by bedtime he was good again. He woke up this morning ready to go to school and feeling good. I still stuck with bland foods in smaller amounts just to be safe, but I am hoping he is over it and kept it to himself.

We have a busy end of this week with family dinner, working at Rhea Lanas, coaches meeting, Smurfs movie date, Little Mister duties, a fun run, drag races and whatever else we can find to do! So, here is to hoping for our normal busy routine and no more sickness!

No comments:

Post a Comment