Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

We are going to Disney World!

The balloon that came out of the bag that says "We are going to Disney World!"
Ever since our last visit to Disney World 2 years ago I have wanted to go back and really wanted to figure out how to do a trip at Christmas. We decided a long time ago to take each kid to Disney World the summer before they start Kindergarten as kind of a celebration of ending being a baby and the start of being a big kid. Since Ryan will have to wait until she is almost 6 to start Kindergarten, that gave us 4 years in between trips so I decided to try to make a Christmas trip in between the two Kindergarten trips happen and Nathan's mom decided to join us for the trip this time! I got with our amazing Disney Travel lady Rachel Robinson and we discussed dates, budget and special promotions. I was able to budget a plan to go with free dining and be able to pay for it all by myself without trouble. So, for 8 months I faithfully took money out of each check and used all the money I made at two Rhea Lanas sales and paid our trip off right on time! Disney is doing free dining while we are there so we ended up getting our meals for free - that saved us well over $1,000! I know it may be busier this time of year, but I am betting we will still be able to make lots of good memories! Plus, we have all our meal reservations made and Fast Passes, so those waits should be small for those things at least.

About to open their gift :)
I told the kids that once we got our tree up I would tell them what their present was from me and Nathan. They were on top of it too! We ended up getting our tree up 5 days earlier than normal  because of the busy schedule we had coming up we had to do it when we had the chance. So, the day after the tree was up I got our Magic Bands in the mail so it was perfect timing to give them their present. Our travel agent also sent us mistletoe Minnie Ears for Ryan and a Mickey Santa hat for Noah - which were perfect for the present! The kids were very excited to open the present and even more excited to learn we were going back to the happiest place on Earth!

I don't do much without my kids. I don't have hobbies and don't really even hang out with my friends - I just feel really bad leaving the kids on the weekend since I work 40 hours a week away from them. So, it is rare for me to leave them much. I decided my hobby is going to be to take the kids on as many vacations as I can to make the best memories with them before they grow up and are gone. So, this trip means just as much to me as it does to them. I didn't go on many vacations as a child - besides Branson I can only think of one. But, I have the best memories from what little traveling I got to do. I want my kids to have the same memories as I do, of course only better - we always want better for our kids. Nathan was fortunate enough to get to travel a lot as a child and I love hearing his stories about fun things he got to do and see with his family. So, we are already planning a beach vacation this summer and maybe skiing next winter and who knows what in between!

To answer those who have made comments about how we must be rich or they can't believe we are already going back. Rich we are not - but I can budget and save and make good use of the expendable income we have. We will go to Disney and anywhere else we can get away to and I will share the photos not to brag or to show-off, but to share our happiness with our friends and family.  These kids are just too much to keep all to myself without sharing them :) So, sit back and hold on - the Stillwells are going places! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment