Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2016

"Love Triangle"

Recently I heard the song called Love Triangle by Raelynn. It really got me thinking a lot about things - my childhood, my kids childhood, etc. My parents divorced when I was 3 years old. I have 1 memory of them being married - I was sitting in front of the TV, my mom was int he kitchen and my dad got home from work and walked by and rubbed my head. That is all I remember about them being together. After that it was weekends at Dad's, week days at moms and my parents did not really get along. As an adult now with kids I can totally see how hard co-parenting with an ex would be and can see why some things went down how it did. I did not have a bad childhood or anything and I always felt loved and cared for. I am SO happy that they are the best co-parents and grandparents now! We all spend the holidays and birthday parties all together under one roof or at one party. My mom has welcomed my dad into her home for these occasions since he doesn't have family here (besides us kids) so we can all celebrate together and the grandkids can have us all together. Co-parenting is such an important part of a child's memory.

I am hoping my kids have good memories of their parents when they grow up. I want them to remember things like:

~Hearing Momma sing Christian music in the car while we are driving~

~Swimming with them - not being afraid to get splashed or jump in~


~Crying with them and them knowing it is ok to be sad - some things are going to be sad and hurt~

~Momma and Daddy kissing - not just hello and goodbye~


~The feeling they had when they first saw Disney World. (I know I won't forget that look)~




~Going on walks and four wheeler rides to collect the perfect sticks and rocks for their "collections"~




~The heartbreak of losing a pet - it is important  to feel all emotions fully and deeply~



~Daddy kissing mommas hand and winking at her while we are driving somewhere~

~Sleeping in eachothers rooms so they aren't "lonely and scared"~





~Losing privileges and gaining them~

~Momma and Daddy fight, but they make up. If they never see that they will grow up with unrealistic expectations for relationships.~


~Getting to "drive" momma and daddy home from our laps on the dirt road~



~Special days of going to the movies and getting a toy. One of my best memories from being a child was watching The Lion King at the movies and going to KB Toy Store and getting Lion King toys.~




~Really liking a toy on vacation and then getting surprised with it later when Momma or Daddy sneaks back and gets it. My dad always did this to me as a child and I never caught on that he was going to do it :)~



~Painting momma and daddys toenails :) ~


~Getting excited when Daddy got home from work because that means it is time to wrestle!~



~Noah fighting bad guys in the living room with Momma and building legos with Dad. Ryan asking momma to babysit her doll or Daddy having a tea party with her.~

There is so much more I want to do with the kids that I can fit in each day! I just want their lives to be full of fun, adventure and memories. I want them to feel Momma and Daddys love "in a straight line" like the song says and they are never stuck in a love triangle. A long happy marriage takes work and it is one of my life goals for my kids. I fully realize that before I know it all I am going to have are memories and pictures and for that reason I am trying to make "more than memories" for them and me too!


No comments:

Post a Comment