Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A Wedding and Our Weekend

Last week was wedding week for my dear friend Laikken! I met Laikken about 15 years ago when I worked with her mom. Her mom is 10 years older than me and Laikken is 10 years younger than me. Once Laikken was older we ended up having mutual friends through the race track. Then, we were needing help where I worked so I got Laikken an interview and we became good friends after that. We always have the best time together - so much laughing and joking around. Plus, her and Nathan got along good and had fun giving eachother a hard time, which is always fun to watch. Laikken and I had a lot of serious life talks over the past 8 years or so and helped eachother through some good times and some not so good times. Laikken worked with me all the way through college and then went on to be a teacher at Noah's school - which is even better for me! I mean, if I can't work with her, at least she gets to be with Noah and love on him extra at school :) Sometimes when you work with people and they move on to another job, even on good terms, it can make it hard to stay close. I was SO happy when Laikken asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding. I was proud to stand next to her as one of her best friends :)



We met up Wednesday for manicures and pedicures. I have not had a manicure since prom 16 years ago and I haven't had a pedicure since I was pregnant with Ryan 4 years ago! It was nice to sit and talk and get a little pampering :)



Thursday night was rehearsal night. We met up at the wedding location - The Barn at Sleepy Hollow and decorated, rehearsed a few times and had pizza. There were so many awesome people helping it all went quickly and smoothly. 




Friday was wedding stuff all day! The ladies all met up at the grooms sisters house to all get ready together. There was mimosas, make-up and lots of hairspray going on there! Laikken gave us all our wedding gifts - she gave us the cutest bags she painted our names on full of wedding day essentials and the softest robes to wear while getting ready. 



Then it was off to the wedding location to take pictures and start the ceremony. The wedding was beautiful and quick. It is always so great to see so many people come together to celebrate love. After the wedding it was time to undecorate and head home for some much needed rest!

Photo by Erin Wilson Photography



It was back to the normal routine on Saturday - t-ball game, playing in the yard, Stoby's dinner and shopping for 4th of Jul decorations :)







Sunday was family day! We went to church and then lunch at Sumo. Then it was time to take turns helping Daddy mow while I caught up on laundry and cleaned the porch. It was a good end to the busy last few days. Next week will be someone specials birthday ;) and Father's Day celebration with some t-ball and Finding Dory thrown in!


Traditional Sumo fighting picture :)

Patiently waiting for their turns to help Daddy mow


No comments:

Post a Comment