Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Dates, Basketball and a Birthday!

Friday night was date night! But, not a typical date night. Daddy went on a Man Date with his friend Robert and the kids and I went on a Pasta Date! I am not a fan of Quentin Tarantino movies - they are just not my thing. However, they are my husbands favorite movies. So, when his friend told him a few weeks ago to keep the date open to go watch the newest Tarantino movie Hateful Eight (which is 3 hours long I might add) - I was more than happy to stay home with the kids :) So, the kids and I love pasta so we went out for dinner. The kids have been exceptionally rowdy in restaurants lately, not too bad, but more than Nathan and I feel comfortable with. So, I was a little hesitant about taking them out - but they were good as gold! No issues whatsoever! They sat in their seats, ate most of their food, and were nice and quiet! I told Nathan I think he just brings out the wild in them :)




Saturday morning was Noah's first basketball game! Per the usual with Noah, I had no idea what to expect! It was, by far, the most fun thing I have watched in a while! He had so much fun! He played little to no actual basketball but he had the biggest smile on his face! He ran up to the players after they would dribble or shoot it and give them two thumbs up right in their face and say "way to go!" or "good job!" :) He literally skipped and danced down the court each time. He had to slap the wall under the goal every time. He dodged out of the way when a rebound came his way. He killed all the imaginary bad guys out on the court. When I yelled at him to "run!" he yelled back "momma, I am really starting to sweat!" and wiped his forehead! He even pretended to cut his own throat and die. He also did a whole booty-shaking dance on the bench. He is just too much! He did fall a few times and cried once when he fell - but we are working on him being more tough next time ;) I had so many people tell me how much they enjoyed watching him! It was a great start to the season!



After the game we went out to lunch and then to our friend Trinity's birthday party. She is our sitter's daughter and had the cutest zebra party!




The rest of the weekend I caught the cleaning bug and cleaned all the kitchen cabinets out. I got rid of a trash bag of old food and a big box of cookware that we never use or is scratched up. It feels so good to open up organized cabinets. Next is the kids clothes since it is time to get ready for the spring Rhea Lana sale. Then me and Nathan's clothes to donate. Since Monday is a holiday, I am hoping to still be in the cleaning mood and plan to take a bunch of stuff to the Salvation Army! I really get a lot done when the mood strikes!

Now, on to more dates with the kids and more cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment