Monday, October 26, 2015

Two Weddings and a Kidney Stone

About a year ago one of our friends Robert got engaged and asked Nathan if he would get ordained to perform his ceremony. So, I got online and after a short questionnaire and $35 he was ordained! Word got out that he was ordained and he had several people start asking him to marry them also. One that he agreed to do was for Nathan's racing friend Matt and his wife Jarrah - whose wedding happened to be the weekend before our friend Roberts wedding. They had a beautiful small wedding at a home in Dardanelle. I was so nervous for Nathan but he wasn't worried at all and he did a great job. This gave him a little practice for last weekend, which was Robert's wedding.

But, before we get to that wedding, we need to back up a few days before that. On Thursday at 2:00 a.m. I woke up to Nathan getting a heating pad out and putting it in bed on his back because his back hurt. Then we all got up and went to work like normal. Well, about 9:00 a.m. Nathan started texting me about how he thinks he messed his back up because it was killing him. I called and made him an appointment but he couldn't get in until 1:00. Then he started texting me to come home as soon as possible. He was in so much pain when I got home I knew I had to get him to the doctor now and not wait until 1:00. So, I text the doctors office and they said to bring him in immediately or go to the ER. So, I took him to the doctor where they sent him to the ER for a CT scan and blood work. This entire time he is in a lot of pain, cannot get comfortable, burning up, freezing, and nauseous. It was awful. They found a stone on the CT and gave him some pain medication and told him the stone was small enough he should be able to pass it. So, it was a rough couple of days. I took the kids out of the house on Friday to get them some clothes for upcoming pictures and Nathan something to wear for the wedding. That way he could rest more easy.

"Please sit on this bench while I look at these shirts for Daddy" - this is how they looked when I turned around :)

On Saturday at wedding time he still had not passed it! He was able to tough it out for a few hours and once again did a great job at the ceremony - especially since we typed up the ceremony a few hours before the wedding and this was his first time out of bed in days. We stayed for the reception and he even ate for the first time in days. But, the pain started again and we made a quick exit.

After another rough night, he finally passed the stone on Sunday! He immediately looked better and I could tell he felt better. We decided to carve pumpkins that night and I was so glad Daddy felt better so he could help!

Here is to hoping there are no more kidney stones in the future, but lots more fun with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment