We have now been at work for two weeks and she is just an awesome baby at work! She pretty much sleeps and eats and she lets me get alot done surprisingly! Only two more weeks and she will be joining Noah at Ms. Lauries.
Now, here are the highlights of what Ryan's up to now:
* She weighs around 9 pounds and is still 21 inches long! The normal weight gain is an ounce a day and she has been averaging two ounces a day - healthy girl! She is a good and quick eater! It took Noah about 45 minutes to eat and she only takes about 20!
* She can be a very good sleeper. The first two nights were pretty rough, then she started sleeping 6-7 hours in a row! Now she will sleep anywhere from 2-7 hours at a time. We haven't got a good routine established yet. I am hoping to get that done in the next few weeks on my end and hope she cooperates. I do not mind at all to get up with her every 2-3 hours (that is expected of a newborn) but I prefer the 6-7 hours stretches so I am hoping that she decides to make that a more regular occurrence soon :)
* She is still comfortably in newborn clothes, and some 0-3 months are not too big.
* She is still in newborn diapers and unless she does some major growing soon, she will be for a little while longer. They are still fitting her good.
* She tends to grunt and choke in her sleep alot. So, we asked her doctor about it at her 2 week check-up. He put her on Zantac for silent reflux (silent because she isn't actually spitting up, just choking on it). After I started her on the Zantac she would spit-up, which was odd since it was supposed to prevent that. So, we had an Upper GI done on her and it came back normal. So, her doctor thinks that her stomach is not mature enough for how much she is eating (since she is gaining weight so fast) and it should just work itself out. So, we have to have her sleep elevated (not ideal since I can't put the apnea monitor on her while she is elevated) - so she sleeps in her nap nanny or swing. Hopefully this gets better soon - Nathan and I do not like having to constantly check on her to make sure she isn't choking throughout the night.
* Noah is loving having a baby in the house! We were all worried and it is usually the first thing people ask us about. He pretty much ignored her at first, but now he doesn't like her being upstairs if he is downstairs or he doesn't like us in the car and Daddy bringing her out in a minute. He wants us all together - it is cute. We let our waitress hold her Sunday and he cried because she walked off with her! It made me so happy :)
Here are some one month snap-shots in the same rocker recliner that Noah had in his room and all of his monthly pictures done in:
|It is so cute when she crosses her eyes trying to focus on things :)|
|My smiley girl :)|
|She already loves pinky!|
(We will have Pinky in each months picture to compare her size as she grows)
|Noah doesn't let her get too far away|
|Happy One Month to Our Sweet Ryan!|