Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

My Husband

I have figured out over the last 13 of being with my husband, the last 8 of that living together, that he doesn't pick up after himself very well. You can bet that if he has wore it or used it, it is in the floor or not where it goes. I ask him if he throws the stuff down and thinks in his head "Jess with pick that up", but he insists he doesn't. He just never really had to pick up after himself, so he just "forgets" according to him. For example:

There are 2 laundry baskets in this corner, each of which is approximately 2 feet or less away from the pile of dirty laundry that my husband insists on throwing in the middle of the floor. The same pile I will later trip over, say bad words, threaten bodily harm, and usually end up picking up come laundry day. It is a vicious cycle! I have tried being nice, I have tried threatening, but I have come to the conclusion that maybe he was just born without a crucial part that helps him clean up after himself.



My husband may never take the extra two steps to put his laundry in the hamper, but I keep him around for what he does do. Out of nowhere he will have a gift for me with a note that reads "To the Best Momma and Wife Ever" - and it is a jacket or something he knew I really wanted. He will see me worried about cleaning house and he will ask what he can do to help me. He will buy me a beautiful necklace of Noah's birthstone. I will go to get a massage and the massage therapist says that Nathan stopped by and paid for it for me. Pumping my gas in the rain and cold and going and pulling the car around so Noah and I don't get soaked in the rain. He will sit and watch shows that I know he doesn't care that much for because he knows I like them and I like him to watch them with me.

He doesn't have to do any of this. Don't get me wrong, I take good care of him too - but he does this list of things and more and he doesn't complain. He does it because he loves me.  So, for that, I will continue to pick up after my husband, because I kind-of like him too! :) That is all for now, I have some clothes to go pick up...

No comments:

Post a Comment