Pages

Monday, August 28, 2017

Back to Fun - School, Fair & Volunteering!

Noah started the second grade! The second grade is in a new building, so Noah was pretty nervous. Luckily he had 5 kids in his class from last year so that helped. I walked him in on the first day and he was all smiles when I left him! He said his first day was great and each day of the week seemed to be better and better.






Thursday night it was time to go to the Fair! The kids literally ask me at least once a month when the fair will be here again so I was glad it was finally time! We got there at 6:00 which is when the armbands start. Each year the armbands are more and more of a good deal as the kids grow and can ride more rides. We picked a good night to go since my brother and his family were there, my mother-in law came, my best friends Alicia and Talen were there, and my nephew Paxton also came - he and Ryan became quick riding buddies. Noah seemed bored on the kiddy rides so we separated and I took him to ride all the big rides. I am not big on Fair rides, the whole folding up on the back of a truck thing scares me, but I try to overlook it so Noah can have fun! We rode rides and played games and looked at farm animals and before we knew it, it was 9:00! The weather was perfect and the lines were short so it was just the perfect night to make some memories.
















Finally it was Friday and not just any Friday - back to volunteering Friday! Oh how I missed my time in the volunteer room with my Friday girls! I got to put the new message on the blackboard (a job I got nominated for last year and have come to really enjoy it). Noah is not in the Primary anymore but I decided to still volunteer there in the mornings before Noah's lunch and then if the elementary needed anything I could help there after lunch. The principal at the Primary was glad to have his Friday girls back for the 3rd year in a row! It felt so weird going to the elementary to eat. I didn't know where to go or anything - it was like my first day of school! :)  It was interesting to see how much more independence they give the kids at the elementary school - they got to choose what they wanted to eat, throw all their trash away alone and got to face other students and visit through lunch.



Our first elementary lunch together :)

My niece Alex spent the weekend with us. We love having Alex over - she is a great house guest and the kids love her! All the other cousins have their work cut out to make favorite now - Alex not only plays Minecraft with Noah, but she knows what she is doing! Noah was so excited and hasn't stopped talking about it since!



Saturday evening we went on a walk with my mom and her dogs. I went for a walk earlier in the week and didn't see a single mosquito. It was a totally different story Saturday! The mosquitoes were so bad that we would swat and kill 5 at a time. So we ended up taking the long way back to the car to avoid the heavy mosquito areas - but the long way also had 2 big hills! We were all very "well exercised" as the kids say :)



Sunday we had lunch with my mom after church and then spent the day at home cleaning house and working on Rhea Lanas. I got everything divided by side and tagged. Now I just have to enter it in the computer this week.

Ryan's selfie :)

Gravy goatee :)

Now for a pretty calm week before the basketball, flag football and 2 soccer teams start - oh plus ballet and school and work. It is a good thing I love being busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment