Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

38 Weeks ~ About time to head out! :)

37 weeks is considered full-term, so I am officially over full-term! YAY! It is all getting very real, very fast now! This is possibly my last highlight blog - I had Noah just before 39 weeks! Highlights:

*  I have gained around 29 pounds. I think I am going to gain total less weight than I did with Noah this time, which is strange because I have been eating whatever and my belly looks the same size or bigger than it did with Noah.

* Finding a shirt each day is becoming very challenging! I pull them down to cover belly, and up to cover cleavage! I didn't buy any maternity shirts so I an just trying to make due until the baby is here. Maternity clothes are very expensive and the shirts usually fit weird and make me look way bigger than I am.

* Current cravings are cheerios (still), peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, granola bars, milk, honey roasted peanuts, and root beer. Another weird things about my diet is I do not want a meal ever, I just want to graze on small snacks all day. I just don't seem to have the appetite to sit and eat meals right now - maybe I am just out of stomach space!

* The baby is still head down, heartbeat of 137 beats per minute. I was checked for the first time last week and I was almost 2 cms but still high and thick. So, I am trying to sit upright and walk alot to help with the thinning out. My doctor said he wanted to discuss stripping my membrane and induction this Friday, so I needed to decide what I wanted to do. I am not much on induction before the due date unless it is medically necessary. I think the baby will come when it is ready and I am tough enough to wait until then. I had my membrane stripped with Noah because I was very thinned out and dilated to 3 cms. If I am progressed like that this week I would not be against him stripping my membrane, but I don't want him to do it too early and me have a long labor (Noah's labor was only 3 hours - I am shooting for that or shorter!). I do not want to induce until the day after my due date unless the doctor sees medical reason - one he has mentioned is the baby getting too big since I had a 3rd degree episiotomy last time - ouch!

* No swelling as of now and I have been doing alot of running around - so I may just make it through this time with no major swelling!

* I have had some pretty good contractions this week, but nothing too regular. It did bring back labor memories from Noah - I am not looking forward to this pain, at all! I am hoping it goes by quick! Just in case it doesn't, I read my epidural release paperwork today!

This week was the last belly picture I took with Noah, besides the one when I went into labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment